Monday, June 9, 2008

Moving, Not Moving, Moving...

Not moving? Well, even in the past few hours, this has been the dialogue in my head. But I think that Jon and I have decided that we are not moving. At least not quite yet. I really, really want my own house, but I think we are supposed to wait a little bit longer. And I'm not sure I'm ready to give up some of my current blessings and conveniences. I'm not sure I'm ready to leave my neighbors. I'm also not sure that I want to be even more concerned and have more anxiety about every single purchase. I am totally ready to have a yard, and have more space!!!! But I guess the Lord just wants us to wait a bit longer. This is quite a let-down for me. I really cried when I told Jon that I didn't think we were supposed to move, and yet I do feel a sense of peace and a relief from some of the anxiety I have been feeling. We have been under contract to buy a house for the last 3 weeks, and we were probably going to close in the next week or so, but the monthly payment amount came in quite a bit higher than we expected, and now we feel it would be better to wait. I was planning all kinds of things, and couldn't wait to pack up the house and get situated in a much bigger place. I have a hard time changing gears when I am planning for something, but Jon has agreed to get a storage unit and buy some organizational and space-saving furniture, so that I feel less squished. Hopefully if we are more organized, I will be content here until we move elsewhere. So for now... we are still here. If anyone has tips of how to use our space more efficiently, or just encouragement for my disappointment, feel free...

3 comments:

Dani said...

Amy, This is Danielle Adams... I hope you don't mind that I found your blog! Mine is now private, but if you would like an invite, let me know!

First off, CONGRATS on your baby news!! And...

Are you serious? Not moving??? Still willing to teach my kids? We'll have to talk!

Juliana said...

She took the words right out of my fingertips... can we sign up for piano lessons now? Please?!???

I am so selfish in wanting you to stay, but I am so glad you'll still be in the neighborhood! How about we plan a special trip up to IKEA sometime to get some inspiration on how to use space more efficiently? That place is amazing. And why don't you bring your son over sometime this week to come play in our back yard? My kids would LOVE to play with him!!

p.s. Those baby pictures in your other post are ADORABLE!

Matt said...

Well, if it's really nice stuff and it's in the way... Well,shoot. I'm soon to be a broke college student so I guess you could just give me your stuff.

How nice is THAT?

You're welcome. :)