Friday, December 12, 2008

4 Days to Go...

Not that we are counting or anything!

We keep hoping that it will be less than 4 days and I will go into labor on my own, but we don't think it's very likely. I just don't think my body will ever cause me to have regular contractions that would be considered 'active labor'. I've done a lot of walking the past couple of days, which does spur some really hard contractions, but they don't stay consistent when I sit and relax. I have been having some really sharp pains. It feels like that little guy is punching his little fist down into my pelvis. I'm hoping that I am more dilated and 'ready' than I was at my last appointment, but you never know. My doctor is on call Saturday and Sunday, so with any luck, I will go into labor either of those days. If not, at least I know we only wait 4 more days for this little guy to get here. (And no, we don't have a name picked out yet). I've only had one suggestion left on the blog (Thanks Scott) so if anyone has any suggestions, let us know. We did make a small list last night. We have our favorites, but here is the whole list (as far as I can remember). We only have middle names on a few of them.

Joshua Scott
Lucas
Ryan
Justin Tanner
Matthew
Benjamin
Eric
William
Trevor

What are your favorites?



And in other good news...

We are having much success these days with Potty Training! Yea! We have been trying to potty train Nathan for months with only mild success. But about 10 days ago, he just realized that he could go in the bathroom by himself, pull down his pants, lift the toilet seat, and do it all by himself. For some reason, this changed everything and we have only had 2 accidents since then. And those accidents were only because he didn't make it in time, not because he didn't try. It has been AWESOME! I'm quite worried with it coming so soon before the baby is born, but let's hope that he can continue to feel happy and independent, and we won't see too much regression.

2 comments:

Robert and Melissa said...

Faith was due 4/15, I went into labor on the evening of 4/16 and then BOOM she was here at 3am on 4/17. Keep faith that it will happen!!

Anonymous said...

I bet you guys are really excited!! =)