Thursday, December 4, 2008

Update

So I realize it's been a really long time since I've updated. I have a ton of pictures of October & Halloween, but I don't feel like I can put them all up now because I've waited too long. Plus I feel like all I ever do is just a long post of pictures. I hope I am better at posting when the baby is born so everyone can see pictures, but I'm not betting on it.

The good news is, I am 37 1/2 weeks pregnant, and the doctor has scheduled me to be induced on the 16th. I am WAY excited!! I am so ready to be done being pregnant. I am still sick, but probably only throwing up 3 times a week or so, usually right when I get up. My last appointment was on Tuesday, and he stripped my membranes to help things progress. I have definitely been having more contractions since then, and they are a lot more painful than I remember them being with Nathan.

Yesterday also marked my last day of 'obligations.' So now I feel better and more relaxed about going into labor. I have been teaching ballroom classes to 4th graders, and yesterday we had a little performance for the parents. I was really nervous about how they would do, but I guess their nerves did them some good, because I thought they did awesome. I was really impressed with how it turned out. Jon took off work to help me set up a table and some chairs. And he was there to be with Nathan during the performance. Nathan loved watching the kids dance. He just might grow up to be a little dancer.

After the performance was over, I felt a big sense of relief. We went home and moved some furniture around with the help of our home teacher, so that we are a little more prepared for the baby to come. I'm washing the baby clothes and starting to put them where they belong. It is starting to feel more real. I almost feel like I have been in denial during the whole pregnancy, but now it's really going to happen. We still have a lot of furniture that we need to go put in storage so we have room for baby stuff. I am feeling a little squished in our condo, but I'm not sure it is quite the right time for us to move yet. Maybe in a couple of months.

We had a fun Halloween. Jon had numerous costumes, but the highlights were a knight and a pirate. He dressed up in something different everyday for a week. He was always fun during Halloween. Nathan dressed up as Peter Pan, and had fun saying 'Trick or Treat' at every door.

Thanksgiving was great! We had Thanksgiving about 10 days early with my family. Jason & Jenny both came into town with their families, and it was fun to have everyone together. Unfortunately, we didn't really get any pictures with everyone, but it was good to see them. Jon left that same week to go to Florida on business. Let's just say I would be the most horrible single mother on the planet! I was an emotional mess, and wasn't very patient with Nathan. I kept having irrational fears that something would happen and he wouldn't come home. How would I explain something like that to Nathan, and how would I raise him and a new baby all by myself? I know it sounds dumb, but I'm not much good without him. We are very grateful to have each other and hated the time away from each other. Thankfully, that doesn't have to happen very often. And I know I sound like a big complainer, especially to the many friends who have their husbands in the military.

We spent Thanksgiving day with Jon's family, and also had a wonderful time with them. We are glad we got to spend Thanksgiving festivities with both families, because we are going to spend Christmas at home with our new baby! Yea!! I am still really nervous to be a mother of two. I had a hard time adjusting to Nathan as a new baby, so hopefully this one won't be as hard. I'm really nervous, but Jon should be able to take a couple of weeks off to spend with us, and he usually gets between Christmas and New Year's off for company holiday. My Mom will also be around to help me, so hopefully all will be well.

Sorry for the long update. Here are some pictures of the last month and a half. I am absolutely huge, but I'll leave that to the imagination, b/c I'm not a huge fan of having pictures taken lately. Maybe I'll take one the day I go in to have the baby.








4 comments:

Shawna said...

How fun that you were able to teach some ballroom, I'm sure it is great to get a chance to dance whenever you can. I wish you could teach my kids to dance! I still remember how amazing you were at dancing in high school.
Nathan's peter pan costume is really cool!
And I totally understand what you were saying about your husband when he was gone...I would be completely non-functional without my husband. I would never wish the single mom thing on anyone. Good luck with your upcoming labor and delivery--I hope you'll blog about it so we can share in the excitement! You'll do great with two! The miracle is they are not mobile and sleep a lot(hopefully) for a few months which really helps the adjustment process.

bstoutfamily said...

CUte pictures Amy!! And you are not huge...oh my gosh!! you are so funny! Sounds like you had a great thanksgiving! And so fun that you are getting induced soon!! Well, I was wondering if I could get your address so I can send a Christmas card! You can email it to me at jstout9811@yahoo.com if you don't want to put it on my blog!! We will be thinking about you!!! Can't wait to see pics. of the little one!!

BriAnne said...

Amy! I can't believe you're still sick! That's awful.....I'm so sorry. BUT, I also can't wait to see this little guy. Nathan's so cute, so the odds are really in your favor.:) And for the record, you'll be a great Mom of two. I panic every time (and with #3 coming it's no different), but it always just seems to work out. I can't always claim to be the most patient either, especially when I'm this large and uncomfortable, but all that's required is that we do the best we can, which I'm sure you do. You're a great Mom. Remember we love you and are thinking of you. We can't wait to hear about that little boy.

Orange Juice said...

Amy,

What a great update!! I am so excited for you to have your second baby!! Having Olivia was a super hard adjustment for me too. It took me, at least 4 or 5 months to adjust to a newborn and I am finally now feeling mostly back to normal and Olivia is 13 months!! You will have to let me know how it goes with this new little one!! Take care and CONGRATS!!