I am really sad the summer is over! Good thing the nice weather doesn't end when school starts! I am happy that Nathan is in school now. It will be really fun for him, but the start of school also means a change in my schedule for teaching piano & dance. Piano lessons move back to the afternoons (I love doing it in the morning!) and now I teach ballroom lessons to 4th graders two times a week(fun, but probably not worth the money). We'll see how it goes with the boys... I'll probably just get a baby-sitter 2x a week.
We kept Jon super busy with projects around the house and yard. (And of course he's not done yet.) He has had to repair a number of Sprinklers, chop down some trees, put up a trampoline, fix plumbing problems in the bathrooms, hang pictures, and put together a swing set.
Jon really likes things that are free. Doesn't everyone right? Well, not like Jon. He searches them out; which annoys me on most occasions. I didn't want to move into a house just so I had more space to bring junk home. But, he did find this swingset on KSL.com in the free section. He went with his dad to go pick it up and put it together in our yard. This is not a picture of the finished project. He has since added bark and a sand box. I love him, and I'm grateful he's such a hard worker. Now... we don't need quite so much free stuff.
We bought a small, inexpensive fire pit at Walmart. It is a fun family activity to roast marshmallows and eat s'mores in the evenings. Best of all, we are in our own backyard!
2 comments:
OH man!!!! I can't believe Jon got that amazing swing set for FREE!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!!
Your baby is growing so fast! He looks like such a big boy in the tub,he's so cute. And wow, that is a really great swing set for free! I need to learn how to find me some free stuff like that!
Post a Comment